Friday, March 13, 2009

Starke County Young Artist's Conference

Last Saturday I spent the morning speaking to groups of students in Starke County, Indiana about what I do as an author. Thanks kids... you were a great audience and I hope you find the websites I gave you useful for your writing projects. The classes did a great job, and the conference was very successful, just as in years past. What a great way to introduce students to all the different arts that are available. And Ms. Lukac did a great job putting everything together and pulling it off flawlessly!

In other writing notes, I sent of my SCBWI wip grant. All you fellow writers know what this is, and for those of you that don't, it's a pretty big deal, that's what it is! No one hears until fall who the winners are. I'm hoping, at the very least, for a letter of merit. That says so much about your work, and this work has been receiving successful rejections (an oxymoron, I know) for quite some time now. It will be hard to keep my fingers crossed for 6 months, but I'll give it a try.

Thanks for stopping by,
Katie

No comments: